Du Vrangr Gata
Du Vrangr Gata
Du Vrangr Gata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Du Vrangr Gata

The Wandering Path

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Dynmap  Website  

How to Boost FPS by A LOT.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MeinKraftDinner

MeinKraftDinner

How to Boost FPS by A LOT. Empty
PostSubject: How to Boost FPS by A LOT.   How to Boost FPS by A LOT. EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Hello there! Today I'm going to teach you how to increase your Minecraft FPS!
If you have to play Minecraft on a shitty computer with low FPS, it sucks! This post will explain how to DRASTICALLY increase your FPS. If you already play on a
decent or good computer, this will still boost FPS (though not as much). Unfortunately, the first two steps are for Windows users only. Sad

Step 1. Checking How Much RAM You Have. If you already know how much RAM you have, skip this step.

1. Left click on the Start Menu icon in the bottom left corner of your desktop, or press the Start Menu button on your keyboard.

2. In the Start Menu, right click on Computer (My Computer in Windows XP) and select properties.

3. From there you can view how much RAM you have. You can also view other things like your processor.

Step 2. Changing How Much RAM Java Uses.

1. Left click on the Start Menu icon in the bottom left corner of your desktop, or press the Start Menu button on your keyboard.

2. In the Start Menu, left click on Control Panel.

3. Search for "Java" in the top right corner of Control Panel. For Windows XP you must left click on the "Search" tab.

4. Left click on the Java icon. Select the Java tab.

5. Left click on "View...". There you will see an empty space under "Runtime Parameters"

6. The next thing you do will depend on how much RAM you have. I have 3 GB of RAM on my laptop (3000 MB) and 8 GB of RAM on my desktop (8000 MB). Trying to use 1/3-1/2 of my total RAM, I type "-Xmx1000m"-"-Xmx1500m" for my laptop under Runtime Parameters. For my desktop I type "-Xmx2700m"-"-Xmx4000m" under Runtime Parameters. The number in between "-Xmx" and "m" represents the amount of RAM in MB. Click OK to apply.

How to Boost FPS by A LOT. Runtimeparameters

Step 3. Install OptiFine. If you don't feel like installing a mod right now, skip this step.

OptiFine can increase FPS by LOADS. It has definitely helped me get more FPS, especially on my laptop.

Step 4. Play Minecraft With Increased FPS!

You are now finished! Go enjoy Minecraft!

-Your friend, MeinKraftDinner
Back to top Go down

How to Boost FPS by A LOT.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Du Vrangr Gata :: Support & Help :: Support-
Jump to: